Chocolate Pots de Creme
About this recipe:Crafted by the incredibly talented Bernice of Baran Bakery, this recipe was made to showcase our very special Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar. Inspired by this fabulous (and easy!) recipe from The Floured Kitchen.
- 2 cups (6 oz) dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tbsp (60mL) Kosterina Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (236mL) whole milk
- 1 cup (236 mL) heavy whipping cream
- WHIPPED TOPPING:
- 1 cup (236mL) heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp caramel sauce
- Place finely chopped chocolate with salt, Kosterina Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar, vanilla extract, and eggs in a blender. Pulse a few seconds until the ingredients are somewhat mixed.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and heavy whipping cream over medium-low heat. Once it begins to simmer (bubbles around the edges), remove the milk from the heat.
- Place the lid on the blender and remove the pour spout. With the blender on low speed, slowly pour in the hot milk over the rest of the ingredients.
- Once all the milk is incorporated, increase the speed to high until the mixture is completely smooth. Make sure to scrape the edge of the bowl as needed.
- Distribute the chocolate mixture among 6 jars or ramekins. Allow to cool to room temperature and then cover and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Before serving, beat the heavy whipping cream on medium-high speed, until stiff peaks form. Add the caramel sauce and mix just until combined.
- Place a dollop over the chocolate pots, top with extra chocolate shavings, and serve.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Our most decadent balsamic vinegar is our version of classic chocolate syrup.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Our highest polyphenol extra virgin olive oil complete with chic, white Kosterina gift bags.