Lettuce-wrapped Lamb Sliders with Greek Feta + Yogurt Sauce
About this recipe:This Greek-inspired healthy meal is perfect for those summer BBQs. Top it with some Greek Feta + Yogurt Sauce, or serve with a side of sweet potato fries - or both!
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 2 slices whole grain, day-old bread, crusts removed
- ½ onion, grated
- 2 med. garlic cloves, grated
- 1 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- ½-1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. sumac
- Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves for serving
- Take the ground lamb out the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes. Soak the slices of bread in some water and squeeze them dry. Discard the water. Grate the onion using a box grater and then grate the garlic cloves with the help of a microplane.
- Mix the ground lamb, grated onion and garlic, olive oil, bread and seasonings in a medium bowl, kneading until all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated. Wet your palms with water and shape the meat mixture into 8 slider patties. Flatten them slightly and set them aside.
- Brush the grill with olive oil and grill the sliders on both sides, for about four minutes per side (You can also use a grill pan or even a non-stick pan instead for indoors cooking.)
- Serve the lamb sliders on top of tender Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, topped with Feta-Yogurt sauce (recipe follows). Accompany with roasted potatoes or sweet potato fries.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.