Olive Oil Brownies
About this recipe:A deliciously chocolatey treat with a dense, fudgey finish!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup Organic Kosterina Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 bar Dark Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Use cooking spray and parchment paper to grease and line an 8-inch square pan.
- In a heat-safe bowl or saucepan, microwave the semi-sweet chocolate with the olive oil until smooth. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Use a whisk to combine the eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla until they are just barely combined; Don't over-mix.
- Slowly whisk together the chocolate mixture with the egg mixture.
- Use a sieve to sift the dry the ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold together until just barely combined.
- Cut the chocolate bar into small pieces and fold into the batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 minutes, until the edges are visibly baked through and the center is set.
- Remove brownies from the oven and allow the brownies to cool for about 30-60 minutes, until they can be sliced without falling apart.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.