Olive & Artichoke Tapenade
About this recipe:Around the holidays, we're always looking for a simple, healthy appetizer that we can put together before a party. This Olive & Artichoke Tapenade is just that: a delicious, vegan dip that is super easy to put together - perfect for any entertaining. It doesn't hurt that it's always a crowd pleaser - for any age!
- 1 cup large green Manzanilla olives, stuffed with pimiento
- 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained (not marinated)
- 1 TBSP. capers
- 4 med. cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ t sp. freshly ground pepper
- Place the olives, artichoke hearts and capers in a medium colander. Rinse well under cold running water and drain very well.
- Put about half of the olives in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a couple of times to a rough chop. Reserve a tablespoon of the mixture and set it aside. Add the garlic, Kosterina extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and process to a coarse paste. This will make a chunky tapenade. Process a little longer, if a finer consistency is preferred. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Let it sit for at least half an hour, at room temperature for the flavors to blend.
- To serve, place in a small bowl, top with the reserved mixture and finish with a generous drizzle of Kosterina extra virgin olive oil. Serve with toasted pita bread wedges, or pita crackers, sliced radishes and celery hearts. You can also serve it on crostini (toasted baguette slices)
Refrigerate the unused tapenade for up to a week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Perfect for the household that loves to cook and bake.