About this recipe:Tzatziki is a staple on Greek menus and tastes as fresh as it looks. This recipe includes Greek yogurt, cucumber, fresh herbs and garlic, giving it a rich and creamy texture. Drizzle with extra olive oil and serve chilled to let the flavors meld for the ultimate bite!
- ½ English cucumber peeled, seeded & grated
- 3 med. garlic cloves, finely minced or passed through the garlic press
- 2-3 TBSP. fresh dill, finely minced
- 16oz. container of plain Greek yogurt (like FAGE)
- 3-4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP. wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Peel the cucumber, seed it and grate it. Place it in a colander, sprinkle with some salt and let it sit for half an hour. Squeeze the water out by pressing it between the palms of your hands. Place the grated cucumber in a medium bowl.
- Mince the garlic cloves and the dill and add it to the bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, mix well and refrigerate overnight or for at least a couple of hours.
- Before serving, mix again, drizzle with some extra olive oil and serve with toasted Greek pita bread cut in triangles and carrot or celery sticks.
This spread keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can easily half the recipe if you prefer.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Perfect for the household that loves to cook and bake.
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.