Tzatziki is one of our favorite Greek dishes because it's simple, easy to make, and tastes good with everything (and we mean everything!). At its core, Tzatziki is a healthy spread, combining herbs, EVOO and Greek yogurt. Use it as a dip with cut veggies, or as a tasty side for your Lemon Chicken dinner!
- ½ English cucumber peeled, seeded & grated
- 3 med. garlic cloves, finely minced or passed through the garlic press
- 2-3 TBSP. fresh dill, finely minced
- 16oz. container of plain Greek yogurt(like FAGE)
- 3-4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP. wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
1. Peel the cucumber, seed it and grate it. Place it in a colander, sprinkle with some salt and let it sit for half an hour. Squeeze the water out by pressing it between the palms of your hands. Place the grated cucumber in a medium bowl.
2. Mince the garlic cloves and the dill and add it to the bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, season with salt, mix well and refrigerate overnight or for at least a couple of hours.
4. Before serving, mix again, drizzle with some extra olive oil and serve with toasted Greek pita bread cut in triangles and carrot or celery sticks.
Note: This spread keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can easily half the recipe if you prefer.