Spicy Avocado Toast & Jammy Eggs with Arugula
- 2 medium slices crusty, chewy rustic bread, preferably whole wheat sourdough or semolina bread
- 2 Eggs
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, pit removed, and mashed
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 Thai chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- Small handful baby arugula leaves
- 1 Tbsp scallions thinly sliced.
- Salt and Pepper
- Flaky Maldon Salt for garnish
- Kosterina EVOO, drizzle to finish
- Toast or grill bread to your liking. Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil. Carefully add both eggs into boiling water. Lower heat to medium and set timer for 7 minutes. Have an ice bath/bowl ready once timer goes off. While eggs are cooking, use a spoon to remove the avocado halves from the peel into a bowl. Mash with fork. Add fresh oregano, lemon juice, onions, salt and pepper. Next, peel, rinse eggs in water and slice each egg in quarters.
- Spread avocado mash on bread and top each with a little or as much arugula to your liking
- 3 slices of eggs on each bread. Garnish with sliced Thai chilis, scallions and flaky maldom salt.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Extra Virgin perfection: one for cooking and one for drizzling.