The only thing better than Olive Oil Cake... Olive Oil Cupcakes! These too-cute desserts are made all the merrier with the addition of our Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar drizzled on top. Thank you to Baran Bakery for crafting these beauties!
1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour, spooned & leveled
1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
½ cup (40g) dutch-process cocoa powder, spooned & leveled
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
½ cup (118mL) Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
¾ cup (177mL) water, room temperature
Kosterina Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (177 C) and line 14 muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the olive oil until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and water, mixing until they’re well combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients over the wet and whisk the mixture until it’s fully combined.
- Distribute the batter evenly among 14 muffin tins, the tins should be about ¾ full.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes, until the center of the cupcakes spring back when you press on them.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, allow them to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes and then move them from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, sift powdered sugar on top or decorate with frosting of choice and drizzle Kosterina Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar on top.