Ladolemono - Greek Lemon Sauce
About this recipe:This refreshing, but hearty Greek Lemon-Garlic & Olive Oil Sauce is the perfect addition to roasted veggies or fish--and can even be used as a salad dressing.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest (from an organic lemon)
- 1 tsp. garlic, grated finely
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 1-1¼ cups Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- Peel the garlic and grate it on a microplane (or use a garlic press). Wash well and zest the lemon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mustard, oregano, salt until thoroughly combined. Slowly drizzle in the Kosterina extra virgin olive oil, whisking constantly until thoroughly incorporated. Store, tightly covered in a glass container at room temperature for a day or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
As the sauce sits, the lemon juice will separate and settle on the bottom of the container. Make sure to shake it well before using.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Perfect for the household that loves to cook and bake.
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.