Greek Turkey Burger
About this recipe:Turkey burgers are great for any occasion—plus, you receive that hamburger satisfaction but with less guilt. They also make excellent leftovers with buns or even just taken to put over a bed of greens for a quick and easy lunch.
- 2 tablespoons Kosterina Everyday Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole wheat burger buns (you can disregard these if you are avoiding carbs)
- 4 large pieces of green leaf lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- Roasted red pepper hummus for spreading
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, diced onions, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well and separate mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other non stick pan with 2 tablespoons Kosterina Everyday Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil for two minutes. Place the patties in the pan and cook for three to four minutes without moving the. A golden crust will form. Flip the burgers and place into the preheated oven.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove. They should be cooked through.
- Spread a thin layer of roasted red pepper hummus on the bottom bun of each burger. Then, stack each burger on its bun with one piece of green leaf lettuce and two slices of roma tomato. Place the top bun on to complete. However, I usually leave the top bun off to save calories (really just so I allow myself to eat dessert!). If you have leftover burgers, these are ideal for lunches throughout the week—leftovers are your friends!
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.