EVOO Chocolate Chunk Cookies
About this recipe:Trust us on this one, extra virgin olive oil makes for a uniquely delicious cookie with a crispy outside and chewy center. Especially if you're pressed for time - these are a winner and must try.
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/2 cup Kosterina Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
1 large egg plus 1 yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vinegar or orange juice
1 3/4 cups bread flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup Dark Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- In a bowl or standing mixer, mix together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, and olive oil.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, mixing gently until just combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda & baking powder
- Break apart or chop the Dark Chocolate Bars into large & small chunks. Mix until combined into a soft dough.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes in a refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat.
- Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scooper onto your baking sheet leaving at least 2 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches of space from the edges of the pan so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown
- Once removed from the oven, let cool
- Sprinkle sea salt on top (optional) + enjoy!
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.