Delicate Kale Salad
4 to 6
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 sprigs marjoram
- 1 small delicata squash, seeds removed, sliced
- ½ cup maple syrup, divided
- ½ tsp cumin, coarsely ground
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 TB lemon zest
- 3 TB lemon juice
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, ribs removed, finely chopped
- ¾ cup hazelnuts, roasted, roughly chopped, divided
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Make the marjoram oil: In a small saucepan, heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat. Gently add all of the marjoram. When the oil is no longer bubbling, strain the oil and reserve. Transfer the fried marjoram onto a paper towel-lined plate and salt lightly.
- Make the roasted delicata: On a parchment-lined sheet pan, mix the squash with ¼ cup marjoram oil, ¼ cup maple syrup, cumin, onion powder and cayenne, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast the squash until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Make the maple vinaigrette: In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup maple syrup, lemon zest and juice. While whisking, stream in the remaining ¼ cup marjoram oil. Season the vinagrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the kale, ½ cup hazelnuts and roasted squash. Season the salad with the maple vinaigrette to taste, then transfer to a large platter. Garnish with remaining hazelnuts and fried marjoram
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
In this recipe
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.