Spiced Carrot Salad
About this recipe:The flavor and texture combinations in this dish will have you making it often. It’s a creative lunch but also a secret weapon if you’re bringing a side to a family/friend’s party.
- 8 large carrots
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons ground walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3-4 pinches of crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup Kosterina EVOO
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup shredded of fresh mint
- Shred the carrots. Mix the carrots, garlic, walnuts, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne, olive oil, lemon juice and salt to taste in a large serving bowl. Cover the mixture and let stand for one hour at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, toss in the mint.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.