Sirloin with Roasted Garlic Sauce
1 to 2
- 1 head garlic
- 8 TB Kosterina Garlic Olive Oil, divided
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias, plus more for garnish
- 1 TB lime zest
- 2 TB lime juice
- ½ tsp ground timut
- 16 oz sirloin steak
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Roast garlic. Slice ½ inch from the top of the head of garlic. Arrange the garlic cut side up on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 2 TB oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil tightly to make a packet and roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool, then remove the roasted garlic cloves and discard the peels. Using the side of a knife, mash the roasted cloves on a cutting board.
- In a medium bowl, add mashed garlic, scallions, lime juice, zest and timut. While whisking, stream in ¼ cup oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper. In a heavy-bottomed, oven safe saute pan, over medium-high, heat add remaining 2 TB oil. Add steak and sear to a deep brown color, about 5 minutes. Flip and sear for about 3 more minutes, then transfer to a rack-lined baking sheet and cook in the oven until a thermometer reads 130ºF, about 3 to 5 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice against the grain.
- Serve steak with sauce on the side.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.