About this recipe:We are excited to share a delicious recipe that was passed down from our Executive Chef, Anna Gass’s, Italian grandmother. Meet your new favorite potato salad you can serve all summer long! A few high-quality ingredients come together in this delicious dish. Extra Virgin Olive Oil replaces mayonnaise, for a healthier salad that’s perfect for serving outdoors on hot days. And since the flavor improves while the salad sits in the fridge, you can make this ahead and serve it the next day.
- 2 lbs. small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 lb. tomatoes, cut in 2” pieces
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh basil, packed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- ½ cup Kosterina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and allow to cool completely, Carefully peel the potatoes and cut into 2” pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the chopped ingredients to the bowl along with the dried oregano, salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. Carefully mix together with a large spoon and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or overnight.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.