Pork Tenderloin Souvlaki
About this recipe:
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP. lemon juice
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. Greek dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried mint
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- sea salt
- 1 medium lemon
- Cut the tenderloin into small cubes, about 1.5” for each piece.
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl, whisk together all the ingredients of the marinade, exceptfor the sea salt.
- Add the pork tenderloin pieces, mix well, cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours or over night.
- Half an hour before you are ready to grill, soak the wooden skewers in a bowl full of water for 30 minutes. Thread the marinated pork pieces through the skewers. If desired, you can also add a few red onion and green pepper slices alternatively to the skewers.
- Heat the grill well over medium-high heat. When the grill is ready, lightly oil it with vegetable oil. Season the pork with sea salt, brush with some of the remaining marinade and grill for about 6 minutes per side. When the meat is done it should have nice grill marks and the internal temperature should register at 145°F.
- When the skewers are ready, place in a serving platter, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top and serve at once.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Extra Virgin perfection: one for cooking and one for drizzling.