In case you missed it, our Founder and the Co-Founder and CEO of Sweet Laurel Bakery went on Instagram live to showcase the beauty of paleo baking and how our EVOO Dark Chocolate and Everyday EVOO come together to make a decadent treat-Olive Oil Citrus Cupcakes. This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar free.
Yield: Makes 12 cupcakes
Bake Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Directions for Cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Grease the top of the pan with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the Kosterina Organic Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, and eggs until smooth. A little at a time, add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until a batter forms.
3. Divide the batter evenly among the lined cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Invert the cupcakes onto a rack and allow to cool completely.
4. To serve, smooth 1 tablespoon of frosting on top of each cupcake. Top with a few thin slices of dried orange peel and a drizzle of olive oil.
Directions for Frosting:
1. In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the Kosterina Almond Butter & Vanilla EVOO Dark Chocolate and coconut oil, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat. Slowly add the maple syrup and stir to incorporate. Allow to cool completely.
2. Transfer the EVOO Dark Chocolate mixture to a medium bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat in the almond butter until a thick frosting forms. Add the almond milk and stir with spatula until smooth.
3. For a creamy, almost pourable frosting, use immediately; for fluffy frosting, refrigerate for at least 8 hours, then bring to room temperature and beat with an electric mixer until spreadable. Refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
These protein-packed truffles are a delightful way to spend an afternoon with one of our favorite flavor combinations, almond butter and dark chocolate. They are quick to assemble and make for impressive gifts for teachers and neighbors, or to indulge in a midday treat.
Pre-Orders cannot be combined with regular orders