About this recipe:Everyone loves a quesadilla. We decided to take ours on a Mediterranean trip, filling it with delicious veggies and a bit of feta for a salty bite. Feel free to get creative and use up some leftover chicken souvlaki or any other veggie that needs to be eaten up quickly.
- 2 burrito style tortillas, we love Siete brand
- 1 cup 365 Everyday Value organic shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 365 Everyday Value Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup365 Everyday Value canned artichokes, drained
- 1/2 365 Everyday Value Fire Roasted Organic Red Peppers, sliced in strips
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken (souvlaki or rotisserie works great)
- 1 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 4 T Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lay one tortilla down on a cutting board and sprinkle half the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over it.
- Add the spinach, artichokes, peppers, chicken, chili flakes, oregano and feta on top and in that order.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar on top evenly over all the ingredients.
- Place the second tortilla on top.
- Heat a large sauté pan with 2 T of the oil.
- Carefully lay the tortilla in the hot sauté and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the tortilla is browned on the bottom and the cheese begins to melt.
- Flip the tortilla over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes to brown the other side and completely melt the cheese.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.