Lucy's Homemade Hummus
About this recipe:To celebrate International Hummus Day, we partnered with Soom Foods - a premium tahini brand made from 100% Ethiopian Sesame Seeds - to create the absolute best hummus recipe inspired by a woman named Lucy from Beirut, Lebanon. The original recipe can be found in our Executive Chef, Anna Gass' cookbook, Heirloom Kitchen. It will be hard to go back to the grocery store variety after you try this. You can find all the ingredients you need for this recipe at your local Whole Foods Market. Enjoy!
- 1 can (13-ounce) chickpeas, drained, with 1 cup liquid reserved (see note in recipe instructions)
- ½ cup Soom Premium Tahini
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons (about ¼ cup)
- Pitted black olives
- Parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Kosterina Organic Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pita bread
- Place the chickpeas, Soom Premium Tahini, Kosterina Organic Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt, half of the garlic, and half of the lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides and taste. Add more lemon juice or garlic, as desired. Pulse to incorporate.
- To serve, scoop the hummus onto a large serving dish. Arrange the olives around the edge of the dish and sprinkle the hummus with chopped parsley and a drizzle of Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Serve with pita bread.
- Note: If your saved hummus thickens overnight, you can stir in a few tablespoons of the reserved chickpea liquid to bring it back to your desired consistency.
Take your leftover hummus and mix in some plain Greek yogurt and lemon juice to make a great dip for veggies or dressing for salad!
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
In this recipe