For the Cake:
2¼ cups flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup Kosterina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup whole milk
Juice of one lemon
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of 1 lemon
1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup confectioners sugar for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale, about 5 minutes.
4. Add Kosterina olive oil, milk, extract and lemon juice and zest.
5. Add all the dry ingredients and hand mix until combined.
6. Add the blueberries and fold to incorporate, careful not to break up the blueberries and tint the batter.
6. Pour into greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for45minutes to one hour until edges are light brown and the top does not giggle.
8. Cool Completely and remove from pan.
9.Sprinkle with sugar.
Stuffed eggplant baked to perfection with potatoes is a Greek classic. We provided a creative alternative by filling them with light quinoa, sweet onion and a feta and pomegranate topping. The filling is so good, you can serve it on its own as a Greek twist on tabouli! This version was development by our very own, Anna Gass (Kosterina Executive Chef).
Pre-Orders cannot be combined with regular orders