Lemon Blueberry Olive Oil Snacking Cake
About this recipe:This Lemon Blueberry Olive Oil Cake can fulfill that sweet and tart craving of yours. Each slice is bright with the freshly squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest plus the blueberries add the perfect amount of sweetness with every bite. This recipe is a heart healthy delight difficult to resist.
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Kosterina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until pale, about 5 minutes.
- Add Kosterina olive oil, milk, extract and lemon juice and zest.
- Add all the dry ingredients and hand mix until combined.
- Add the blueberries and fold to incorporate, careful not to break up the blueberries and tint the batter.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour until edges are light brown and the top does not giggle.
- Cool Completely and remove from pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.