Garlic Chicken with French Green Beans and Radishes
About this recipe:This fresh, light spring meal is as tasty as it is simple. Green beans and radishes beautifully compliment this flavored chicken. Enjoy for dinner - and save a bunch for leftovers!
- 4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts, pounded to ¼” thickness
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water, room temperature
- 6-8 oz. French green beans (Haricot Verts), trimmed
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 medium spring radishes (optional)
- 2 TBSP. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- 1 medium lemon (zest and juice)
- 1. Heat a large fry pan over medium-high heat and add 4 TBSP of the olive oil.
- 2. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the chicken over, add the garlic, and cook for another minute or so.
- 3. Add the water to deglaze the pan, scraping the sides and bottom with a wooden spoon to get up all the browned bits. Cook on a low boil for a few minutes and then add the green beans, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for about 4 minutes, or, until the green beans are cooked but still tender and the liquid is reduced.
- 4. While the chicken is braising, slice the radishes thinly, then cut them into matchsticks. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a small skillet and sauté the radishes for about 3 minutes. (This additional topping is optional).
- 5. Just before the chicken is ready, uncover the pan, stir in the parsley, lemon zest and juice. Remove from the heat. Top with the sauté radishes (if using) and serve.
The cooking time of this dish depends on the thickness of the chicken. You can substitute sugar snap peas (trimmed and stringed) or spring asparagus (cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces) for the French green beans, if desired.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Our newest extra virgin olive oil, developed specifically cooking and baking.
In this recipe
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.