Carrot and Cabbage Winter Salad
About this recipe:
This simple salad is loaded with nutrients, antioxidants and vitamin C - just in time to fight off the flu!
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage (one bag of 16oz.)
- 2 medium carrots peeled and grated
- 3 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium garlic clove, passed through the garlic press
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- white pepper, (optional)
- 5-6 Kalamata olives (optional)
- Shred cabbage very thinly with a knife or using a shredder. Soak it in water, rinse and dry well. (You can also buy it already shredded, and pre-washed.)
- Peel and shred the carrots.
- In a jar or in a small bowl mix the Kosterina extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic.
- Place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl, pour the dressing and add the salt. Toss the salad very well - it will reduce in volume as it sits in the dressing. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add the olives on top, a few slices of lemon and serve next to a simple grilled protein or rotisserie chicken.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Perfect for the household that loves to cook and bake.