Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
About this recipe:Fun Fact: While modern-day Brussels Sprouts were first cultivated in Belgium (hence, “Brussels”), origins of these nutrient-dense vegetables date back to Ancient Rome. This salad takes full advantage of all the antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that Brussels Sprouts have to offer, plus an additional polyphenol punch coming from our Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Gruyère & roasted hazelnuts are paired with the tanginess of Kosterina Tangerine Crushed Fruit Vinegar to create a simple salad with a depth of complex flavor. Enjoy!
- 3 cups sliced brussels sprout (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove grated
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon zested and half juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Kosterina Tangerine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Kosterina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2/3 of a cup roughly chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Half a cup of grated Gruyère
- Salt and pepper
- Finely slice Brussels sprouts. Place to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place the nuts inside. Roast until golden around 15 minutes. Remove and let cool, then rub in a towel to remove the skin and then roughly chop them.
- In your serving bowl, add the finely chopped shallots, garlic, dijon, lemon zest, lemon juice, tangerine vinegar, honey and season well with kosher salt and cracked black pepper. Whisk together and slowly stream in the extra virgin olive oil. Check for seasoning and then add in the sliced brussels, chopped hazelnuts and then grate over the gruyere. Finish with cracked black pepper.
- Keep untossed until you are ready to serve.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
In this recipe
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.