Spicy Greek Shawarma
About this recipe:Going back to the basics! We stepped up this Mediterranean staple with our Kosterina Spicy Red Pepper Olive Oil, packed with rich, diverse flavors. You can also use this marinade with tofu and other meat alternatives.
- 1 lb chicken
- 1/4 cup Kosterina spicy red pepper olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon + zest
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt / pepper to taste
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine
- Add chicken and let sit for at least 30 minutes
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat EVOO on medium high heat
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown on each side
- Pair chicken with arugula, pickled onions, hummus, cilantro and pita (opt.)
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of Kosterina spicy red pepper olive oil
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Bold. Zesty. The perfect amount of heat. Our classic EVOO with a hint of heat.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.