This healthy and filling evening dish has the perfect balance of greens, heart-healthy protein, and carbs. And though it may feel like you're indulging in a meal near the Mediterranean Sea, trust us--it's just as good for your belly as it is for your mind.
1. Remove the stems from the kale, wash it well, then roughly chop it. Place it in a salad spinner and dry it thoroughly.
2. Fill a medium pot with water (⅔ of the way) and bring it to a boil.
3. While the water boils, add 1 TBSP. of Kosterina olive oil to a large skillet. Over medium heat, stir in the rosemary leaves and the walnuts. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. When the rosemary leaves are crispy and the walnuts are golden brown, remove them from the skillet, place on paper towels and season with some salt and pepper.
4. Add two teaspoons of salt to the pot with the boiling water and stir in the pasta. Cook until the pasta is al dente (cooked, but still firm when you bite it). Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup of the hot cooking water.
5. While the pasta cooks, return the same skillet used for the rosemary and walnuts to medium heat. Add the remaining 3 TBSP. of Kosterina olive oil and then add the shallots. Cook for about 2 minutes and then stir in the garlic. Cook for another minute or so, making sure you do not burn the garlic. Add the chopped kale, season well with salt and pepper, and cook for about three minutes. Add the white wine and cook for one minute, then mix in half of the reserved pasta water, and cook for about 2-3 minutes more, until the kale is wilted.
6. Once most (but not all) of the liquid has evaporated, add the cream, stir well to combine, and cook for another minute.
7. Add the butter and, after it has melted, add the drained pasta and the rest of the reserved cooking water. Mix thoroughly. Turn off the heat, taste again and adjust the seasoning.
8. Place in a warmed pasta bowl, drizzle with some more Kosterina extra virgin olive oil, and, top with the sautéed rosemary, walnuts and the Parmesan cheese. Serve at once, family style.
This Spinach Salad is super simple to whip together and makes for the perfect addition to any spring celebration. We dressed it in our light and flavorful Kosterina Honey Garlic Vinaigrette and tossed in fresh strawberries, almonds and creamy goat cheese.
If you're still deciding on what to make this Mother’s Day, start with this simple, quick prep restaurant-quality risotto! Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Castelvetrano olives add pizzazz to Creamy Parmesan RightRice Risotto. A few easy add ins make this an entrée or a side dish fit for the amazing moms in your life and their families.
Pre-Orders cannot be combined with regular orders