Melon with Prosciutto and Balsamic Glaze
About this recipe:This classic, Italian dish is traditionally served as a first course (think: on a Tuscan hilltop). Enjoy it wherever you are, however you'd like to eat it - whether as a salad for lunch or an appetizer.
- ½ medium sized sweet and ripe melon
- 5 thin slices Parma Prosciutto
- ¼ cup Kosterina Original Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 fresh mint sprigs
- ½ cup red grapes
- Slice the melon into about 8 wedges and place them on a serving platter.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and simmer for a few minutes until it is slightly reduced and concentrated.
- Cut the prosciutto slices lengthwise and wrap each one around each slice of melon.
- Once the balsamic reduction has cooled down, drizzle some on the melon wedges, arrange the red grapes and the mint around the wedges, and serve at once.
You can also serve this as an appetizer: use a melon baller to scoop the melon from the half. Fold a slice of prosciutto into a half or third (depending on the size of the melon balls), place a melon ball on top of it and thread both with a cocktail toothpick. Drizzle with some balsamic reduction and serve.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Rich and velvety. Aged to perfection.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.