Maple-Roasted Acorn Squash
About this recipe:This vegetarian (or vegan, if you wish) dish is the perfect comfort food for cozy fall evenings. Acorn Squash is one of our favorite veggies, because it contains a ton of vitamins we need as the sun goes down (think: 20% of your daily Vitamin C intake!).
- 1 medium Acorn squash
- 2 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ TBSP. good quality maple syrup
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled Greek Feta
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 TBSP. pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the acorn squash into ½” rounds. With a cookie cutter cut the center portion of the squash from each slice, making sure all the pulp and seeds are removed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the acorn slices on the paper and drizzle with the olive oil and the maple syrup. Season the acorn squash with the salt and pepper and place on the middle rack in the oven.
- Roast for about 25 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender. Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter.
- Top with the crumbled Feta cheese, the cilantro, and the pine nuts (if desired). Serve warm.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).