Lime-Garlic Chicken Kebabs
About this recipe:
This dish is a blast of flavors, and you guessed it - really simple to make. If you'd like you can also skewer pieces or red pepper and/or red onion between the pieces of chicken. Serve right on top of your favorite light salad. Delicious!
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken thighs or breasts, boneless & skinless
- 4 TBSP. fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP. cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. sea salt & ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 TBSP. Greek honey
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion (optional)
- Skewers, metal or wood (if wood, be sure to soak in water for 1 hour)
- Trim the chicken and pat it dry. Cut into 1½” cubes or cut it into strips.
- Prepare the marinade by placing all the ingredients in a big bowl. Mix to combine.
- To the bowl, add the chicken pieces and coat each one. Cover and refrigerate for two to three hours.
- Thread the chicken and peppers and onions (optional) onto the skewers. (If you have cut the chicken into strips instead of cubes, gently fold each strip over itself to form a 1½” cube)
- Preheat the grill and oil well the grates. Grill the chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side. Using an instant read thermometer check the temperature to ensure that the chicken is cooked to 165°F. When ready, place the grilled chicken on a serving platter, cover loosely with foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
If desired, you can also skewer pieces or red pepper and/or red onion between the pieces of chicken. Serve with a nice summer salad.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Say goodbye to chopping garlic with our garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Perfect for the household that loves to cook and bake.