Lime-Garlic Chicken Kebabs
About this recipe:
This dish is a blast of flavors, and you guessed it - really simple to make. If you'd like you can also skewer pieces or red pepper and/or red onion between the pieces of chicken. Serve right on top of your favorite light salad. Delicious!
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken thighs or breasts, boneless & skinless
- 4 TBSP. fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP. cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. sea salt & ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 TBSP. Greek honey
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Skewers, metal or wood (if wood, be sure to soak in water for 1 hour)
- Trim the chicken and pat it dry. Cut into 1½” cubes or cut it into strips.
- Prepare the marinade by placing all the ingredients in a big bowl. Mix to combine.
- To the bowl, add the chicken pieces and coat each one. Cover and refrigerate for two to three hours.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers. (If you have cut the chicken into strips instead of cubes, gently fold each strip over itself to form a 1½” cube).
- Preheat the grill and oil well the grates. Grill the chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side. Using an instant read thermometer check the temperature to ensure that the chicken is cooked to 165°F. When ready, place the grilled chicken on a serving platter, cover loosely with foil, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
If desired, you can also skewer pieces or red pepper and/or red onion between the pieces of chicken. Serve with a nice summer salad.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.