Kosterina's Avocado Toast with a Poached Egg & Crumbled Feta
About this recipe:
Avocado Toast has become the epitome of breakfast. It's the perfect combination of healthy fats, and just the right amount of indulgence.
- 2 large organic, fresh eggs
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ med. avocado
- 2 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper (or red pepper flakes)
- 2 TBSP. Greek Feta crumbled
- Kosterina extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil (the water should be enough to eventually cover the eggs). Crack each egg into a small bowl, to ensure that each egg remains whole. When the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer, add the vinegar and gently lower the egg directly into the water. Poach gently for about 2-3 minutes, depending on how soft you want the egg to be. Using a slotted spoon carefully lift each egg and place it on a piece of folded paper towel to drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast some bread and slice the avocado (or smash it on each piece of toast.)
- Drizzle the hot, toasted bread with Kosterina extra virgin olive oil. Place the sliced avocado on top and then the poached egg. Sprinkle with the Greek Feta and drizzle with some more Kosterina olive oil. Serve at once with some freshly squeezed orange juice.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
In this recipe
Say goodbye to chopping garlic with our garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil.