Crispy, Pan-Seared Lemon Salmon
About this recipe:Salmon is one of our favorite proteins here in the Kosterina household. This crispy, pan-seared version is exactly what we're craving now that it's getting a little cooler outside. Pair this dish with one of your favorite sides, and voila!
- 2 center cut, skin-on, salmon fillets, about 5-6 oz. each
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sm.lemon, cut in equal halves
- 1 TBSP. fresh parsley, minced (optional)
- Place the salmon fillets between paper towels and press gently to dry surfaces thoroughly. Place the fillets on a dish and season generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high then add the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add a salmon fillet, skin side down. To the skillet, add the two lemon halves (cut side down) and reduce the heat to medium. Using a flexible fish spatula, gently press the salmon firmly in place for 10 seconds, to prevent the skin from buckling. Repeat this process with the second fillet of salmon. This ensures that the skin makes good contact with the pan and starts to crisp.
- Continue to cook, pressing gently on the back of the salmon fillets occasionally. Once the skin becomes crispy and the fish is mostly opaque, the fillets should easily release from the pan (this should be about 4 more minutes, depending on the thickness.) Turn the fillets over and cook for another minute or so, until the fish is completely opaque. The temperature should register 130°F for medium, (about 7 minutes total).
- Transfer the fish to a platter and sprinkle some parsley over the fillets. Serve with a simple salad and the caramelized lemon halves. Squeeze some lemon juice over the salmon and enjoy!
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, fresh crushed fruit and no added sugar.
Taste all of our flavors with one each of our extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars.