Roasted Garlic Chicken
- 1 head garlic
- 6 TB Kosterina Garlic Olive Oil, divided
- 2 sprigs rosemary, minced
- 2 sprigs sage, minced
- 2 chicken breasts, skin-on, boneless
- 1 bunch white Japanese turnips, ends trimmed, halved
- 3 cup spinach
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Roast garlic. Slice ½ inch from the top of the head of garlic. Arrange the garlic cut side up on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 2 TB Kosterina Garlic Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the foil tightly to make a packet and roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Let cool, then remove the roasted garlic cloves and discard the peels. Using the side of a knife, mash the roasted cloves on a cutting board.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed garlic, rosemary, sage and 2 TB oil.
- Stuff Chicken. Gently rub your fingers between the layer of chicken breast and skin without tearing through the skin. Stuff the garlic mixture under the skin of both chicken breasts. Using a paper towel, clean off any filling on the outer parts of the chicken and skin, and season with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the remaining 2 TB oil. Add the chicken breasts skin side down and sear until golden brown in color, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, transfer onto a wire rack set inside a baking sheet and roast until the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads to 170ºF, 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice.
- In the same saute pan, add the turnips and cook in the chicken drippings until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the veggies onto a serving platter and shingle the sliced chicken on top.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Say goodbye to chopping garlic with our garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).