Roasted Broccoli & Dates
4 to 6
- 2 pounds broccoli, chopped, divided
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed, quartered
- 3 shallots, peeled, quartered, divided
- 1 TB + 1 tsp urfa, divided
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 6 TB Kosterina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 TB sherry vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Roast the broccoli. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, mix almost all of the broccoli (reserving 1 to 2 florets for the dressing), dates, 2 ½ shallots, 1 TB urfa and onion powder with 2 TB oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast until tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make the vinaigrette. Finely mince the reserved broccoli florets and remaining ½ shallot and add to a large bowl. Add remaining 1 tsp urfa and vinegar. While continuously whisking, stream in the remaining remaining 4 TB oil.
- In a large bowl, season roasted broccoli with dressing to taste and transfer to a serving platter.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, fresh crushed fruit and no added sugar.
Taste all of our flavors with one each of our extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars.