This warming dinner meal is ideal for a Sunday night--it's the type of dish that makes connecting over food so easy. The fresh herb sauce goes well with any type of protein--so make a little extra and save for your favorite lunch bowl!
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
2 small sweet potatoes
2 small Yukon Gold potatoes
1 medium broccoli crown, about ½ lb.
2 medium shallots
--- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. fresh thyme
¼ tsp. garlic powder
3 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP. lemon
4 beef medallions, each about ½”- ⅔” thick and trimmed of fat
sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
Fresh Herb Sauce:
¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced (or substitute more parsley if you do not like cilantro)
2 med. garlic cloves, passed through a zester
2 sm. scallions, minced
2 tsp. lemon zest
2 TBSP. sherry vinegar
2 TBSP. apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. sea salt & ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
4 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450°
2. Wash and trim the vegetables. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then cut them again crosswise into ½-inch Cut the shallots into ½-inch-wide wedges. Separate the broccoli florets, leaving about 1 inch of the stem in place. Place all the vegetables in a sheet pan lined with aluminum foil. Season everything with salt, pepper, fresh thyme and garlic powder. Drizzle with the Kosterina olive oil, toss well to coat. Roast on the middle rack of the oven until the veggies are tender and lightly brown, about 20-25 minutes.
3. Make the fresh herb sauce: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Cover and let it sit at room temperature for at least half an hour.
4. When the vegetables are about half way done, prepare the beef medallions. Remove the beef from the refrigerator. Pat dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Place a large pan over medium-high heat (a cast iron pan would work well). When the pan is hot, add the olive oil and then the beef. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or, longer for your desired doneness. Remove to a platter, cover loosely with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. When the vegetables are ready, remove from the oven and drizzle with the lemon juice. Toss them gently, taste and adjust the seasoning.Place them along with the beef medallions on a warm platter and drizzle with some Kosterina olive oil. Serve with the fresh herb sauce on the side.
This Spinach Salad is super simple to whip together and makes for the perfect addition to any spring celebration. We dressed it in our light and flavorful Kosterina Honey Garlic Vinaigrette and tossed in fresh strawberries, almonds and creamy goat cheese.
If you're still deciding on what to make this Mother’s Day, start with this simple, quick prep restaurant-quality risotto! Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Castelvetrano olives add pizzazz to Creamy Parmesan RightRice Risotto. A few easy add ins make this an entrée or a side dish fit for the amazing moms in your life and their families.
Pre-Orders cannot be combined with regular orders