Easy Skillet Pork Cutlets
About this recipe:Even though this dish sounds fancy, we promise that it won't have you in the kitchen for too long! These pork cutlets only take about 2-3 minutes to cook, and taste delicious when paired with an easy grain or veggies.
- 4 very thin pork loin slices, boneless, trimmed of fat (about 4oz.-5oz.)
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, plain
- 3 TBSP. Kosterina Organic Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP. fresh thyme
- lemon juice and lemon slices
- Place each chop between two sheets of plastic wrap (or inside a zip lock bag) and gently pound them out until they are about ¼” thick or less.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. In a second shallow dish, whisk the egg and milk and season again with salt and pepper. Put the breadcrumbs in a third dish and season with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge each piece of the pork in the seasoned flour, then dip in the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the pork gently to achieve an even coating. Place the prepared slices in a platter.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and when hot, add the Kosterina Organic Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Gently lay the thin pork cutlets into the pan, sprinkle with the fresh thyme and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- To serve, transfer to a serving dish, season with a little salt, squeeze some lemon juice on and garnish with lemon wedges.
Instead of pork loin, you can also use a small pork tenderloin (about 1lb.) trimmed of fat and silver skin and cut on an angle into six equal pieces. You still need to pound it gently.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Specifically crafted with cooks and bakers in mind.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Always have the Original on hand with a half case of 500ml (6 bottles).
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, these vinegars will brighten up any salad, cocktail or mocktail.