Almond Butter Truffles
About this recipe:These protein-packed truffles are a delightful way to spend an afternoon with one of our favorite flavor combinations, almond butter and dark chocolate. They are quick to assemble and make for impressive gifts for teachers and neighbors, or to indulge in a midday treat.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 - 2.1oz. Kosterina Almond Butter & Vanilla Dark Chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces
- 3-4 tbsp. milk of your choice
- 1 ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Using a hand mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar, almond butter, and vanilla.
- Gently combine flour and Kosterina chocolate pieces in a small bowl. Fold the dry mixture into the butter and sugar, gradually adding milk as needed (the consistency should be similar to cookie dough).
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon (the truffles should be about 1”-1½” in diameter), create evenly sized balls of dough and roll to smooth.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth, in either a double-boiler or microwave, stirring constantly.
- Remove truffles from freezer and dip into melted chocolate to coat. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and set on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set, use the extra melted chocolate to drizzle over the truffles.
- Garnish with chopped almonds or sea salt.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Our founder's favorite is filled with creamy almond butter and a touch of vanilla and sea salt.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.