Podcasts for Improving Health & Longevity
Dear Kosterina Family,
Now that we’re in a new year and we’re past the holiday craziness of trying to get our healthful and delicious gifts to you and all your family and friends, we are back to our regularly scheduled programming. As you know, at Kosterina we are always focused on health and longevity, and in light of that wanted to share with you some of our favorite podcast content on the subject.
If you take a listen, please share with us your takeaways!
What we're listening to:
1. The Mindbodygreen podcast with Jason Wachob: Non-negotiables for longevity: In this episode, guest Dan Buettner discusses his new book "The Blue Zones Challenge" and exciting tips for living a longer life, plus: why sourdough is a true longevity food and the best type of coffee for longevity.
2. The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D: How to do Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss & Better Health: In this episode guest, Dhru Purohit discusses the different types of fasting and how it's a great way to optimize your health. Did you know fasting can help reduce inflammation, brain fog, and insulin resistance? Plus, learn how fasting is more approachable than you might think.
3. The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman, M.D: The Emerging Science of Longevity with Peter Diamandis: The episode with Peter Diamandis, who was recently named by Fortune "World's 50 Greatest Leaders," discusses the future of longevity and scientific breakthroughs that can extend our lives significantly. Plus, the fundamentals of improving health and living longer.
4. Be Well By Kelly: Breaking Down Functional Medicine with Taylor Dukes #FabulousFriends: In this episode with a board-certified family nurse practitioner, Taylor Dukes, we learn how functional medicine will help us all get control of our health and live longer. This episode reviews a few chronic autoimmune issues and the roadmaps Taylor prescribes for recovery. Plus, they review supplements, what you should be testing for and how to find the best functional medicine provider for you.
5. The Dr. Gundry Podcast: Why are THESE people living so long? With our mission to bring a Blue Zone to every household, we are always looking for more ways to educate ourselves on these 5 geographic regions home to the world's longest-living people. This episode dives into just that. Dr. Gundry discusses some secrets in the Blue Zones that could help us live our longest and healthiest lives possible.
Stuff we're into:
From our favorite books and afternoon snacks to unique items and wellness products...here are a few of our latest finds:
1. Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer: For a made-without-dairy upgrade to your morning routine, our team tried replacing our typical milk with a scoop of this creamer and it's so delicious and packed with 10g of collagen per serving.
2. The Blue Zone's Challenge: Any new book Dan Buettner comes out with, we are quick to purchase. This was one of our first reads this year and a great way to kick off 2022 with a four-week guide and year-long sustainability program to jump-start your journey to better health, happiness, less stress, and a longer life.
3. Athletic Greens: We've seen and heard a lot of positive press on this brand, and a few of our team members are trying it. And the jury says it tastes good! One daily serving has 75 vitamins, minerals, and whole-food sourced nutrients in one convenient daily serving. Stay tuned, we will report back!
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
The perfect combination of tangy and sweet, fresh crushed fruit and no added sugar.
Taste all of our flavors with one each of our extra virgin olive oils and balsamic vinegars.