DIY Olive Oil Face Mask
Dermatologists everywhere agree: EVOO does wonders for your skin. Not only is it great for hydration and glow, but it's packed with antioxidant properties like squalene that protect your skin from free radicals, environmental damage and more. Generally, it's safe to use daily - especially as protection against sun damage.
At Kosterina, the olive is at the center of everything we do (#extravirgineverything) including enjoying it with our meals and using daily as the best remedy for dry skin and maintaining skin balance.
Today we wanted to share a very easy DIY Olive Oil Face Mask that you can use with ingredients commonly found in your kitchen pantry.
- 1 Tbsp Kosterina Original Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (or half a lemon)
- 1 egg yolk (for dry skin) or 1 egg white (for oily skin)
- Your makeup brush or hands
Raw honey is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It's also a natural humectant, so it helps keep the skin moist but not oily.
Lemon juice contains vitamin C, a key ingredient that protects against skin damage from UV rays and pollution. Due to its high pH levels, lemon can decrease oil on the skin and reduce inflammation.
Egg yolk helps lock in skin’s moisture, leaving it softer and more supple. It hydrates and nourishes dull skin, making egg yolks a good choice if you have dry skin. If your skin is oily, substitute an egg white for the egg yolk.
Egg whites help tighten skin, shrink pores and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The protein and collagen found in eggs help promote skin elasticity and strength.
- In a small container, mix the olive oil, honey, and lemon juice.
- Add the egg yolk or egg white to the olive oil mixture; whisk until well blended.
- Using your hands or a soft makeup brush, apply a generous layer of the olive oil mask to your face and neck. Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off the mask with warm water.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer to the face and neck.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Two bottles of our Everyday for the kitchen and one bottle of our Original for the table.
Say goodbye to chopping garlic with garlic infused extra virgin olive oil.