The Best Greek Restaurants in NYC
Dear Kosterina Family,
As the creator of a Greek food brand, I’m constantly asked about my favorite Greek restaurants in NYC. Whether you are a local or you are planning to visit New York now that the world is opening up again, here’s the list you need to bookmark:
1. Avra: A classic that never gets old. Their pre-fixe lunch special is in my opinion, the best deal in NYC. A 3-course lunch that includes options like fava, keftedes and fresh branzino in premium olive oil for $30 cannot be beat. There are 2 in Manhattan and for all of our West Coast friends - they recently opened one in Beverly Hills!
2. Nerai: This upscale, Midtown restaurant is ideal for indoor-outdoor dining. I love their take on fancier, Greek-inspired dishes and drinks like the their Chios Mojito (made with mastiha!) or their Grape Arugula Salad. Also, all of their fish dishes and their Lobster Pasta are to die for.
3. Stafili: This West Village spot feels just as romantic as an evening in Santorini., Stafili is Greek for “grapes” and while their wine list is one of the best in the city it's not just a wine bar - they also have delicious pastries, small bites and desserts. I especially love their feta cheese crepe!
4. Limani: This is one of the most popular restaurants in NYC. It's definitely on the fancier side and a splurge-worthy spot for celebrations. My favorite menu item is their fried Zucchini Chip tower.
5. Kiki's: This restaurant on the Lower East Side is perfect for groups. It's always packed, loud and transports you right to a bustling, little taverna. It's best to order a bunch of small plates - horiatiki, loukaniko (Greek sausage) and saganaki are crowd favorites!