About this recipe:This weeknight dinner is perfect for everyone in the family. It's a healthy spin on some of our favorite asian-style meals--but using EVOO!
- 8 large chicken tenders (or 4 chicken thighs, skinless, bone-in)
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3 TBSP. Kosterina extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large baby carrots, cut in half
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 med. garlic cloves
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ½ cup cumin
- ¼ cup black or green olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 TBSP. fresh parsley, minced
- 1 TBSP. Kostering extra virgin olive oil
- Pat dry the chicken and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large, deep skillet, over medium-high heat, pour the olive oil and when hot add the chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes per site or until the chicken pieces get a nice, golden color. Remove to a bowl and reserve.
- Reduce the heat and add the carrots and the onion. Cook, stirring frequently for about 6-7 minutes. Next, add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Pour the orange juice over the vegetables, add the cumin and bring to a low boil. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen up bits that might be stuck.
- Return the reserved chicken and the accumulated juices to the skillet and add the olives as well. Cover and reduce the heat to a medium-low. Simmer the chicken for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender, adding some warm water to loosen up the pan sauce. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, drizzle with some extra Kosterina extra virgin olive oil and serve.
You can serve the orange-braised chicken next to oven-roasted vegetables, or, over polenta, mashed potatoes or cooked brown rice.
Shop Mediterranean Essentials
In this recipe
Our newest extra virgin olive oil, developed specifically cooking and baking.
Our highest polyphenol EVOO straight from Southern Greece.
Our highest polyphenol extra virgin olive oil complete with chic, white Kosterina gift bags.