Breakfast bowls are a great way to combine all of our dietary needs -- veggies, grains, and protein -- into a simple, effortless meal. It's perfect for an easy weekend brunch, or even to pack into your work bag for a weekday lunch. Our Kosterina breakfast bowl has all the aspects of the Mediterranean diet - with EVOOof course!
INGREDIENTS + INSTRUCTIONS
1. The Vegetables: Go for raw leafy greens or cooked, seasonal vegetables. Kale, spinach, arugula, red or white cabbage, grated carrots, roasted broccoli or cauliflower, sautéed red peppers, and steamed sweet potatoes are all great options.
2. The Grains: When you cook grains during the week for other dishes, always cook some extra to use for your healthy bowls later in the week. Favorite grains that can be made ahead of time are: farro, barley, quinoa, couscous, wheat berries and brown rice. Even leftover sticky rice can go on your healthy bowl.
3. The Protein: Sunny-side up eggs cooked in Kosterina extra virgin olive oil, poached eggs, cooked salmon, leftover roasted chicken, or, simply a chunk of good cheese are a few options to consider.
4. Fruit: Choose some ripe seasonal fruit--some soft, some crunchy--for flavor and color interest. Sliced avocado is always a favorite for healthy bowls!
5. Toppings/Garnishes: Add a few seeds, toasted nuts, fresh herbs, sliced radishes or pomegranate seeds, to give depth and character to your bowl.
6. Dressing: Kosterina Fig Balsamic brings the whole dish together. Here is our favorite, no-fuss vinaigrette:
1 tsp. dried Greek oregano
1 med clove of garlic, pressed
1 tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
Drizzle with Kosterina Original Balsamic Vinegar to taste
Once you create your breakfast bowl, drizzle everything with our favorite Kosterina olive oil dressing and enjoy!
Pre-Orders cannot be combined with regular orders